Sunday, November 26, 2006

ICA CP 11/27/06

Good morning!

I am at the hospital today -- getting ready for my knee surgery next week. So, I won't be able to join our class either in person or online. I believe S. Pauline will be substituting today. I will be at our class on Weds. Brainfood is in the closet.

Today, your running Java programs for your version of Eliza are due. So, you have completed the algorithm. I have the pseudo-code for the following folks:

(Turned-in on time, 11/17)
Danielle
Honor
Toni
Olivia
Leslie

(Turned-in late, 11/21, with a 10% point penalty)
Suelen
Rachel
Millie
Catie
Macrina (missing one emotion in your pseudo-code; be sure to put it in your program)
Brittney
Kate
Alicia
Christina (if your email name is ninacoca)

I'm missing pseudo-code from Fatima and Jimena. If you sent it to me, send it again to me at dlclingingsmith@gmail.com showing a date stamp of last week please. Also, if anyone who is on the late list above re-sends the email to me showing an 11/17 date stamp, I won't take the penalty points off your grade.

So back to today: Your running Java program needs to be emailed to me today also. Email your .java file from your project to dlclingingsmith@gmail.com. I'll compile it and run it from home. It must compile to be counted as turned-in! If it's late, there's a 10% point penalty.

For everyone whose pseudo-code I have, your programs look OK. Now, the challenge is to make it work in BlueJ or Jcreator. You have to focus on finding the problems that prevent the compiler from completing the compile operation. Some of the mistakes that have been turning-up so far include: missing semicolons at the end of command lines, mismatched braces and parenthesis, using the word string instead of String, using the word Import instead of import, etc. For hints, go back to a program that you did have working, like Parrot, to compare problem lines of code to ones you knew worked previously.

If I can, I'll phone-in sometime during your class. See you all on Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home