Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ICA-CP: 11/12/2008-11/30/2008

Good afternoon!

We will be finishing up Karel the Robot today. Then, the class will be moving onto two new activities. We will be learning how to keyboard better and running Alice, a new 3D graphics simulator which uses Java. There will not be a quiz.

I will be on leave of absence from school until 12/1/2008. While I'm away, you will be working on Learning To Type and Alice. Please read the Learning To Type and Alice blog entries right before this one. There are 8 assignments in Learning to Type with a total points value of 175. Completing the Alice tutorials is worth 100 points. In addition, I will be posting the Question of the Week, still due at 5:00 PM every Friday, and still worth 25 points per week.

I will be available by cell phone. I believe you all have my cell phone number. Brain food for a few days will be in the closet. After today's class, I will be seeing you in December. So, seniors who are going to the retreat: you will have one day less to do all of the typing and Alice assignments. The Learning To Type program may accessed from any computer that has Internet access. If anyone needs more time, then do the Learning To Type exercises from home, the public library, or the ERC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home