Tuesday, September 18, 2007

ICA-CP 9/18/07 - From home

Good morning!

I'm writing this blog to you while the instructor is talking. I watching the class on my computer, and listening to the instructor over the phone. It's called distance learning. The instructor in is Ohio, I believe.

I reviewed assignments 1-4 for the twelve folks who gave me their programs. I put my comments in your blog on your last blog entry. No one got all four assignments to run perfectly.

To the entire class: Be sure assignment 4 runs for all of Karel's start directions. In other words, Karel can start facing North, South, East, or West. Your program should work for all four compass points. How you ask? Here's a hint: remember you have an if command and that Karel knows which direction it is facing. Combine those two together to tell Karel to turnleft() the correct number of times. For example, if Karel starts by facing North, ny code would be:

if (facingNorth() {
turnleft();
}

Reminder: Assignments 1-6 are due on Thursday, 9/20/07. See you then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home